The purpose of the expedition is that independent users, having standard civil equipment, answered the following questions about GLONASS:
- Is the GLONASS coverage zone the same as declared?
- Is the accuracy of positioning with GLONASS the same as declared?
- Is it possible to get a stable GLONASS signal via ordinary receivers?
- Can there be any conflicts with GLONASS signal processing by other receivers?
- Can the electronic charts be compatible with GLONASS positioning?
The main purpose of this expedition will be the answer to the basic question:
- Can GLONASS be recommended to common users for safe navigation in all parts of the globe?